Due to the expansion of Rent Direct, we are looking to expand our team at our busy Cambridge branch.
The primary purpose of the role will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Rental department on site. Reporting to the Rental Supervisor of the location as well as the Group Rental Manager, you will be a valued part of the team at a busy rental branch.
You will be responsible for answering the phone swiftly & professionally and responding to email reservations at your location. During this process you will need to quote, take personal/driving licence and payment details as well as informing the customer of the important ID check requirements prior to the hire. You should be part of the driving force behind revenue generation at your location, increasing the on rent count and maximising income at every possible opportunity. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers experience a smooth process from reservation to end of hire as well as ensuring the customer hires the right vehicle for their needs whilst also assessing their eligibility to hire and completing the relevant checks and hire documents required. There are also a number of administrative tasks to complete daily.
You will be involved in planning all delivery and collections, organising the drivers & valeters and ensuring vehicles are delivered clean, and on time, every time. When a customer is collecting a vehicle from the branch you will be the first point of contact and will be responsible for completing the relevant paperwork with the customer before showing them around the vehicle. An accurate damage inspection must be completed with the customer both before the hire and when the vehicle is being returned, you will then be required to carefully follow our damage processes if there is any new damage on the vehicle.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in Vehicle Rental or another closely related service industry (such as Hotel Reception for example) would be advantageous.
- You must have a strong telephone manner (fluent in English).
- Confidence in using various IT software packages and a basic grasp of Mathematics (Pricing).
- You must have demonstrated fantastic customer service skills previously, be quick to build a rapport and be presentable & professional at all times.
- It is essential you have a Full UK Licence.
- Someone with the ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment whilst managing your workload along and completing ad-hoc tasks as they arise.
- Communicate and maintain customer service standards and measurements in line with the requirements of the Brand and the Management team.
- Someone who can help to develop a customer service driven environment.
Competitive salary offered
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Rental (or similar) experience – 1year +
Full UK Driving licence