Location: Bury St Edmunds
Due to the continued expansion of Rent Direct, we are looking to expand our team at our busy Bury St Edmunds branch. We are looking for a Driver on a full time, permanent contract basis.
The primary purpose of the role will be to assist with the deliveries and collections to customers and other group locations. Reporting to the Rental Manager of the location as well as the Group Rental Manager, you will be a valued part of the team at a busy rental branch.
What we’re looking for and what the role includes –
- As part of this role includes direct contact with our customers, you must possess the skills to be an ambassador for the company in delivering a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure that all vehicles which are going out on hire are fully cleaned and sanitised, ready for the customer to collect.
- Where required, demonstrate the controls of the vehicle to the customer and carry out an on-hire vehicle appraisal with the customer to identify any damage.
- Carry out a thorough off-hire vehicle appraisal when any vehicle is returned to the branch or is being collected.
- Ensure you bring any customer issues to the immediate attention of your supervisor/manager.
- Carry out driving jobs as and when required.
- Carry out valeting/preparation jobs as and when required.
- Carry out vehicle movements between our branches to ensure the correct vehicles are in the correct location, at the correct time.
- We expect you to drive all vehicles with due care and attention for all customers, road users and pedestrians.
- Be friendly and courteous to all customers at all times.
- Make effective use of time, prioritising the key jobs where necessary.
To be considered for this role you must have a Full UK Driving Licence, be at least 23 years of age due to insurance restrictions, have excellent customer service skills and a good geographical knowledge of the local area. Our fleet ranges from small cars to Luton vans, so experience of driving larger vehicles is preferred, but not essential.